Thursday 4 June 2009

WHAT I DON'T DO WELL, PART1

One of the things that still really annoys the shit out of me – about myself – is that I STILL haven’t managed to lose the trash-talking, when I get sucked out on. You should think that for someone who plays as much as I do, I would know all about variance, would fully comprehend the bliss of getting someone to put their money in bad and therefore would be completely at peace, when getting 2-outed.

-and actually, I do! Honest to god, I really do understand all of that and for the most part (if I had to put a number on it, probably about 80% of the time); I manage to basically ignore what just happened or merely type in ‘nh’. Then there’s that 20% though. Mostly, it’ll be the situational context that propels my immature mocking, hazing and/or whining – meaning 2 suckouts very close together or sometimes a badly played hand and THEN a suckout will do it. A donkey possessed describes my state of emotion most of the time and even though I’m not big on name-calling or swearing at my opponent, I do find real pleasure in berating their play. I’m ashamed of posting this, but here’s a taste of what it might look like:

Semi-shortstacked with approx. 15 BBs, I open AK off-suit from the CO. The SB, sitting on 29 BBs calls and we see a flop of K93. I bet 60% of the pot and after some deliberation he calls. Turn is a T. I move the rest of my chips in and he snaps with QJ. If I’m feeling a little off, I might go ahead and type something like:

“Wow, nice soul-read champ. You saw straight through me on that flop. I DEFINITELY would’ve called with a gutter there too. Moron. *sigh*”

Ok, so I’m not exactly proud of it… embarrassed, actually covers it better, even though some of you might find yourselves wondering, “hmmm… that’s not even THAT bad – I’ve seen/heard a lot worse”. And granted, you probably have, but that still doesn’t make it right. IF I write anything, it should be ‘nh’ and/or ‘gg’, but better yet, would be to simply shut the window down and forget about it.

The silver lining is that I’ve become a lot more polite, since I started playing some 4 years ago. I actually do manage to squeeze out a mock ‘nh’ (tone-of-voice-sarcasm is hard to discern in a chat window!) most of the time and just move on. It’s the way it should be.


Days left until Aussie Millions 2010: 223

No comments:

Post a Comment