Monday 13 July 2009

RECHARGING

I think it’s almost inevitable that some sort of decline will follow after big successes. The days after my 4-figure score on PokerStars certainly felt just like that, as I wasn’t able to get much going in terms of deep runs. Certainly not many cashes and not a single one worthy boasting about.

What I ended up doing was get away for a few days. I’d love to say I’m the kind of person to do something like that spontaneously, but the truth is my girlfriend and I had planned it for some time. On the occasion of our two-year anniversary, we had booked a beach cabin on the coast – a mere 4 hour drive south of Sydney.

The key thing here – no internet. Hmmm… All other modern amenities, including satellite TV, dishwasher and even a full-size jacuzzi in the bathroom, but not a single broadband wave in the air for a laptop to pick up. Thusly, no poker for a full 4-5 days and what pure bliss that turned out to be. I finished the latest book by one of my favorite authors (Indiana Jones meets Da Vinci Code meets Jason Bourne – sound good? – check out James Rollins), enjoyed walks on the beach, interaction with local wildlife (kangaroos on the front porch of our cabin – seriously) and recharged my batteries.

…and now I’m back and hungrier than ever! So fellow players, expect big things. I am. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment